Tuesday, October 16, 2007

modifying the browser

so I decided to go ahead and try this little lab; and ran into a few problems. The point of the lab was to modify the browser so that a new tab was created in between an active and the primary tab created instead of appending at the end like it normally does.

In my first attempt; i had the browser do nothing. The tabs just kept popping up at the end every time a new tab was created. But finally with the help of a couple of my class mates (Vincent and Rueen) i was able to implement the modification successfully.

I then updated my Wiki with the necessary CVS diff file to show the lines that were added to which file in order to modify the tab behaviour.

I am still fighting with extensions and having a problem understanding why the overlay wont work properly

No comments: