Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Revolution OS

An inspiring little video; that is very informative and full of useful information about the development of Linux from GNU. You get to know the main figures such as Richard Stallman, Michael Tiemann, Linus Torvalds, Larry Augustin, Eric S. Raymond, Bruce Perens, Frank Hecker and Brian Behlendorf. We also get preview to Bill Gates and his little letter on how software should not be open sourced.

I like the introduction where Eric Raymond tells one of Microsoft's VP about how he (Eric) is the Microsoft VP's worst nightmare. I also liked the part where Linus Torvalds says to the interviewer its a win - win situation in regards to developing Linux. Although Linus is not reaping major profits like Microsoft's Bill Gates is, I believe Linus still sees his creation Linux as a major break through in the open source world and possibly derives just as much satisfaction and if not more than that of Bill Gates does with his Windows empire.

Everybody remember February 19th is return your windows day. I am going to make sure i don't have any unused version of windows kicking around, if I do, I am returning it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is indeed a very inspiring documentary video. It has explained a lot on how everything begin and what make Linux a success.
Quote of the day: I am your worst nightmare. LOL